So I am probably way too proud of this little bugger, but gosh darn it I made a sock. Only problem is, now I fixed a loose stitch in the cast on row, the sock no longer goes over my heel. I think I can foresee yet another mother gifting experience in the near future....
I need to learn some stretchy cast on techniques. Any advice gladly accepted.
Update: On closer inspection I found about a gazillion mistakes in the sock, dropped stitches that became twisted when picked up, a couple of holey stitches on the picked up heel and wanderings in the ribbing. And I thought I was being so clever. It's put a little bit of a dampener on my excitement. Gah.
After careful scientific evaluation (really, I weighed them in lab), I figure I can make two more socks out of the yarn I have left. One sock=29.5g, therefore I should be able to make two with the 69.5g I have left, especially since I'm going to make them an inch shorter in the cuff to compensate for an extra inch in the cast on.
But then what do I do with the lonely lil' sock up top? I'm sorry little socky :(


No comments:
Post a Comment