Monday, September 03, 2007

Big Weekend

Phew! I'm glad today is a holiday so I can justify having slept in 'til noon and all the lounging in my PJs that I'm currently doing.

Saturday was awesome, knitting and BBQ in the sunshine on my gorgeous, secluded campus. I've been telling people ever since that they are really missing out if they don't have a group of knitters in their lives. They really are the best people :) They understand beauty, disappointment, hard work, and also the finer points of guesstimating "tit-mass". It's always going to be a fun time with your knitters.

Saturday night I got gussied up in a very low cut top top, walked into a party where I made heads turn (admittedly more towards the cleavage than anything else), and extracted the apology, while looking hot. Did I mention I looked really hot? Good, because I did. I also left the party after an hour because some of the hotness may well have been fever. Whatever, it worked.

Sunday started off laid back, a leisurely three hour cleaning of the apartment (floor scrubbing included), a pedicure plus foot massage (heaven!) and the spending of about a million dollars at CVS on cold meds, vitamins and shampoo. Then came Baby Dash's first birthday party :) I have to say, I love this kid. A lot.

Playing Peek-a-Boo in his birthday sweater.

After the festivities for Dash there was yet another party to go to, three of my friends have moved in together in a apartment 23 floors below mine (did I mention I live in the penthouse?!). Incidentally I made a cross-stitch for them as kind of a joke housewarming present but I forgot to take a picture of it before the party. Despite the Sudafed/miracle drug I still had to leave the party relatively early because of sickness but it was still a good time. I even got weekend plans for next week sorted, I'm going hiking again in Bear Mountain State Park.

I NEVER STOP.

As for knitting ('tis a knitting blog after all), I did managed to whip out a matching hat to the newly finished Ribbed Baby Jacket for my friend Rachel back the UK...

Pattern: Ribbed Baby Jacket (3-6 months) and matching hat (made up pattern)
Yarn & Needles: Cotton Ease Pistachio, less than two balls. 4,5mm straights for jacket, 4mm knitpicks DPNs for hat.
Modifications: This is a slightly different gauge because it was supposed to be knit on 5mms but I couldn't find any (I get proportionally messier as I get sicker). I short rowed the ribbed button band to decrease the bulk behind the neck and added snaps behind the buttons, there are no button holes. For the hat I cast on 16x4 stitches onto 4 DPNs, knit an K2 P2 rib for maybe 2", plain stockinette for about 1.5" and then did spiral decreases starting with K6 K2tog with a row of K all stitches in between. Very Simple.

3 comments:

  1. That Ribbed Baby jacket and matching hat are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time we have a knitting bbq, i'll remember the beer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby jacket is so sweet looking! Thanks for the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete