Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Insanity Blanket

No really. What was I thinking?

I got a bee in my bonnet a couple of nights ago about reorganizing my stash since it had gotten a little out of hand and was spread out across my apartment. This lead to me assessing the amount of scrap sock yarn I had squirreled away with no real purpose. So I cast on. And knit.

And knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit......

(17) Obsessed

I'm following the directions for the Sock Yarn Blanket by The Heathen Housewife. I'm knitting on US2/2.75mm needles. And I'm hooked. Completely and utterly hooked.

And so she grows...

But I am going to run out of yarn. Thankfully though my flickr and twitter and Sit 'n' Knit New York peeps are coming to my aid and many have promised me their scraps. I CAN NOT WAIT. Seriously. I have considered unraveling things, snipping bits of yarn off of as yet unused balls of sock yarn, I even made up a cart of random 50g balls of sock yarn from Little Knits that I didn't buy. But soon little packages should be arriving from my friends and I can resume my crazy.

I can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. you are crazy, that's for damn sure. i'll look through my stash for sock yarn scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't unravel things you've already knit. Please. We're working as fast as we can to supply you more sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's gorgeous already! I wholeheartedly applaud your ambition, it's an awesome thing...

    ReplyDelete