Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wedding gift in progress

A lab mate of mine is getting married in October and I decided to make them a quilt as a wdeding gift. There are only a select few people I would consider making a quilt for, and part of the decision whether to make one or not is based upon the relative craftiness of the recipients. Since he owns his own Victorian desk top printing press and she makes all her own belly dancing costumes, I think they know the value of handmade ;)  
 
Quilt top!

At the bridal shower I learned (through an informative round of "The Newlyweds" game) that her favourite colour is pink and his orange or blue. So off I trundled to ebay where I purchased two 40 charm packs of Timeless Treasures Tonga Batiks in pinks and blues, and a couple of yards of Moda marble mates in baby white (very slightly cream coloured, almost solid). A few hours of very simple sewing and I have a quilt top! I've ordered a vintage sheet from etsy for the backing and am planning either turquoise or grass green for the binding.

1 comment:

  1. that's a sweet simple design! and it will be a great gift. i love all the colors together.

    ReplyDelete