Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Another quick refashion



I picked up this Jones New York silk shirt at a seemingly endless yard sale in my neighborhood for $1 (I think technically it might be an outdoor store at this point, every sunny day for three weeks and counting). It was a couple of sizes too big for me and had this weird polo neck/long tie thing going on at the top.


The first thing I did was cut off the ties.... Then the second thing I did really did not work out as I planned and was not photographed. Basically I tried to use the pointed ends of the ties to make a collar for the shirt but failed to take into consideration that I'd need to add a curved edge so it would lie flat. I attempted to fix it but then, meh, I cut it off and made my usual! I took in the sides about an inch on each side, cut a new neckline using the Sorbetto pattern as a guide and then used a doubled strip of the removed tie to make single fold bias tape to edge the new neckline.


I wore the shirt to work on Monday and stopped off at the same never ending stoop sale on the way home, and the lady recognized the shirt! She was pleased I'd done something new with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment