Saturday, May 19, 2007

Time to 'fess up

OK, OK, I get it. I've been making people feel bad by being a supfastknitter. So to make y'all feel better, how about a string of the ridiculously bad crap I've been hiding behind the scenes for a while? The skeletons are going to be laid bare! May I present the first of my knitted shame....

First blogged about on March 7th '06, a vintage cardigan knit in Ebay 100% black wool. By March 9th I'd realised my fatal flaw, a vague mention of the sweater appears in April, socks happened and the cardigan of doom was never heard from again. Why? Because it's been sitting in a ball in the back of my closet while I wonder what the hell to do with it. Please note the hefty creases as evidence to this fact.

Le problem, as they would say in French France....

No notes (although I did take them, I just can't find them since I've moved house after this project was unceremoniously abandoned), no recollection of needle size, and the real biggie, NOT ENOUGH YARN!! Although there are needles in the work, I know I just put them there as stitch holders because I worked this thing on straights.

I'm not sure I want to make this into a 1/2 sleeved cardigan since the stitch is kind of waffley and thick (warm cardigan+short sleeves= NONSENSE). But neither am I sure I want to rip it all, even though these patterns have caught my eye in the last few days. I actually really like the stitch, which I have since learned is probably a mistake rib, but I'm not sure about the collar styling or the fact that the sleeves will have to be much shorter than anticipated.

Oh wise ones, what should I do?!

1 comment: