I am not knitting. I have not been knitting. This makes for a pretty empty knitting blog.
I haven't touched my needles since I kitchenered up a baby sock on Sunday the 15th. I look at my pile of WIPs and have absolutely no motivation to get them finished. Now why would this be...
Excuse #1.
He's tall, he's German, and he is mighty fine. While not officially "dating" we have been spending an inordinate amount of time together since he arrived in the country only a short month ago. Most of this time has involved evenings in bars and free concerts in parks and hence, not much knitting. Does this bother me? Give me a week or two to figure out where this thing is going and I'll get back to you. I like him, did I mention that?
Excuse #2.
Lab work. I have an intermittent project that while potentially extraordinarily cool means that I get calls at odd hours of the night (usually 5 or 6pm) telling me that patient samples are ready for processing. Processing takes at least two hours. Add to that the back log in microscope booking and my using the 7am time slots to do my work and you get a couple too many 12-15 hour days for my liking. Boo, but also, Yay!
Excuse #3.
I have a take home exam this week. While I am the queen of procrastinators I am struggling a little with this one and it will be a massive time drain until Monday at midnight, the deadline.
Excuse #4.
I rediscovered reading for pleasure. And no, IT IS MOST ABSOLUTELY NOT HARRY POTTER. Ahem. I have no problem with anyone else reading it as long as they do not try to convert me from my Hate the Potter stance with their evangelical zeal. I have my reasons for not wanting to read them and for believing that there are far better things to be spending my time doing. Instead I've read a book about a climbing disaster on Mount Everest, a wannabe serial killer in South Africa and am currently reading a Donna Tart book, The Little Friend.
(The fire alarm is going off at work. I'm undecided as to evacuate or not. Hmmm, it seems to have stopped.)
So you see, no knitting. I go home to the UK in just over a week and will be taking yarn with me so maybe then I can get back to looping string around sticks.
Who are you trying to kid? All reasons for not kniting are due to the German boy shaped distraction.
ReplyDeleteI am currently wearing 3" heels in lab. Just about everything revolves around the BSD right now ;)
ReplyDeleteExactly what Annie said, that is what happened to me when I met my SO last year. All knitting just about stop. So have fun!
ReplyDelete